Sunday, April 19, 2015

"Falcon" and "Stumpjumper" Premieres


"Today I drove through Moab, UT, and there was a Jeep rally going on. We called them 'stumpjumpers' when I was a kid. It reminded me of home and all the gear heads who lived near me constantly wrenching on their trucks, hanging around the parking lot, waiting for something to happen. I couldn't wait to join them."
Listen to "Stumpjumper" at The Bluegrass Situation.

"The song on Stumpjumper that I’m most happy with is “Falcon” because it is a song that I intended to write. A lot of times you don’t really mean to write a song — it’s like someone snuck up on you and attacked you; you didn’t really mean for it to happen. “Falcon,” on the other hand, I wanted to write that song. I’d read the book by John Tanner and it meant a lot to me."
Listen to "Falcon" and read an in-depth interview about the new album at Glide Magazine.

2 comments:

  1. both of these tracks are so dope. can't wait for the new album.

    -D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the entire album is amazing, it's streaming here until the release date: http://www.folkalley.com/archives/001390.php

      Delete